Following the Greek Mythology theme, the Titans made their own set of panpipes today! With our supplies of straws, rulers, scissors, markers, scotch tape, masking tape, and dough, we set out to make something playable. With this precise instrument, students had to be careful in their measurements, alignment, and taping. They were very proud of their working panpipes! Success!
Here are some tips from the students:
– Line up the straws to the end of the ruler and mark the length.
– Make sure you know which length of the cut straw you want to keep! Set it aside from the unwanted end because they could get all mixed up!
– Stuff the end with a little dough and you can wipe away the extra dough.
– Line up the straws on the tape, sticky side up, to keep them aligned.
– Blow across the straws and not on it.
– You can use the unwanted lengths of the straws and make it into a smaller panpipes.
Enjoy the pictures of the students making their panpipes.